28 Aug Basics of Dog Grooming for Owners
As dog parents, it’s your responsibility to take care of your pets. While local dog groomers can help you keep your dog’s appearance, it’s also important for you to learn the proper way to groom your pet. You don’t need to know everything. However, knowing the basics helps immensely. Read on to learn more from local dog groomers.
Basic Grooming Tips From Local Dog Groomers
Keep in mind that grooming for your dogs should be both comfortable and enjoyable. If possible, offer treats for them to trust you. Here are basic grooming tips that can keep your dogs in top shape:
- When trimming your dog’s nails, ensure that you only use dog nail trimmers. Don’t cut the nail too short, or nails may bleed. Styptic powder can help stop the bleeding, just in case. Remember, if you’re not comfortable about trimming your pet’s nails, get professional help.
- Brush your dog’s hair first before bathing to remove loose hair. When brushing, make sure that your dogs are comfortable. Do it slowly, starting from the chest to their shoulders and then to the rest of their body.
- There’s no need to bathe your dogs every day. Do it only when you need to after dirty outside play outside, when they don’t smell nice, or at least once a month.
- Use only hypoallergenic shampoo and conditioner when washing your dog. To avoid allergic reactions, test it first before washing their entire body. Always avoid the eyes when bathing your dogs. Start from the back towards the head and the rest of the body, excluding the eyes. Ensure that you wash your pets carefully to avoid skin irritation. Use only clean towels when drying them.
- Like humans, pets also need dental care. Dogs can also get gum disease and other dental issues that may lead to serious diseases. Visit your vet if you need assistance with your pet’s dental health.
- Pay extra attention to your dog’s eyes, ears and paws. Use only clean tools for your pet at all times. See a vet regularly for your dog’s eye checkup.
Contact Woofs and Wags
Still not enough? Do you need the services of local dog groomers? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Woofs & Wags. Our professional team has more than 25 years of experience in the pet care industry. We are committed to providing only exceptional services to your furry friends. You may call us or visit us in Baltimore City today!